Amazingly, we are almost 300 Wordle puzzles! Wordle 299 is only available for the next 24 hours, after which it will be replaced by a brand new teaser. If you want to keep your long-running winning streak alive, then Express Online has put together a selection of tips and clues without spoilers to help you solve the latest Wordle. Just go to the bottom of the page to help solve today’s rather complex puzzle.
Before we get to the clues, let’s take a quick look at the rules. In Wordle, players are given six chances to guess a five-letter word.
You will need to use the elimination process to find the right answer, so pay special attention to the color of the tiles.
If the letter plate turns gray, the letter does not appear in the word you are guessing. If the tile turns yellow, the letter you know is in the word, just not in the right position. If the tile turns green, the letter is in the word and in the right place.
The app tracks your statistics, showing the number of correct answers you have managed, as well as your winning streak.
If you can’t solve the puzzle, then you will have to wait until the next day for a new Wordle to be released. You will also lose your valuable streak of victories.
Read on for some general Wordle tips, followed by three specific clues about Wordle 299 on April 14 …
General tips and tricks for Wordle …
• Do not use the same letter twice in your initial assumption.
• Try to use several vowels in your first guess, especially ‘A’ and ‘E’.
• Avoid letters like ‘X’, ‘Z’ and ‘Q’ until later, when you have a better idea of the answer.
• ‘RAISE’ is a good word to start with, while ‘TOUCH’ is a decent second guess.
• See the daily tips provided by Express Online below …
Wordle 299 tips and clues for April 14 …
1. Wordle 299 begins with the letter M.
2. Wordle 299 contains two vowels.
3. Something you can use when making a bowl of chili con carne.